Our team at Duncraig Dental Care are passionate about helping our patients achieve optimal oral health
Dr. Haytham Barr
Dr. Barr prides himself on creating long-lasting relationships with his patients at Duncraig Dental Care. Traveling to the USA, Germany, New Zealand and other countries around the world to learn from the world’s top leaders in dentistry, Dr. Barr is committed to the dental industry. He made a commitment early in his career to help his patients achieve long-term optimal oral health and stay true to this commitment today.
More about me:
Outside Duncraig Dental Care, I enjoy Photography and traveling around the world with my wife Hania and our two children. I also like playing soccer and swimming.
I understand the high impact that dental health can have on the general well-being and that’s why my treatment involves the whole body as one unit. Looking at the airway, chewing muscles, Jaw joints, teeth and medical history gives me a good idea about the source of dental problems before suggesting any treatment. I enjoy working with sleep physicians, ENTs, and other medical professionals to achieve the best results.
This approach helps me identify causes of dental problems, rather than only treating symptoms.
Dr. Barr is an active member of numerous professional organizations including the following:
- The Dawson Alumni Association
- The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- The American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- The Australian Dental Association.
Training and Advanced Continuing Professional Development that Dr. Barr has completed:
- Orthodontic Diagnosis, Dr. Derek Mahony, EODO, Sydney (2017)
- Minimally Invasive soft tissue grafting for teeth and implants, Dr. Edward P. Allen, Brisbane (2016)
- Invisalign Accreditation, Perth (2016)
- Get Up to Speed with Clear Aligner Therapy, Dr. Derek Mahony, EODO, Sydney (2016)
- Extractions (with Socket Preservation) and PRP/PRF, Dominican Republic (2016)
- Somnomed Sleep Medicine course, Melbourne (2016)
- Workshop on Sleep Apnea, Dr. Scott Claxton “respiratory and sleep Physician,” Perth (2015)
- Gingival regeneration and soft tissue grafting, Dr. Jonathan Leichter, Perth (2015)
- Soft tissue grafting for Dental Implants, Dr. Michael Pikos, Florida (2015)
- Horizontal and Vertical Ridge Augmentation, Prof Giulio Rasperini, Perth (2014)
- Orthodontic Diagnosis, Dr. Derek Mahony, EODO, Sydney (2014)
- Cephalometric/ Radiography, Dr. Derek Mahony, EODO, Sydney (2014)
- Patient Communication, Prime Practice, Brisbane (2013)
- Theoretical and Practical Implantology, University of Laos (2013)
- Hygienist communication Intensive, Perth (2013)
- The Dawson Academy Alumni Associate, Florida (2013)
- The Art and Science of Equilibration, The Dawson Academy, Florida (2013)
- Evaluation, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Sleep Disorders, The Dawson Academy, Florida (2013)
- From TMJ to Smile design, The Dawson Academy, Florida (2012)
- Achieving Predictable Aesthetic results, The Dawson Academy, Florida (2012)
- Completion of the Misch prosthetic Program, Misch International Implant Institute, Arizona (2012)
- Basic Laser Dentistry Training Course, Prof Laurence J Walsh, The University of Queensland (2012)
- Team Systems 1, Prime Practice, Brisbane (2012)
- Team Systems 2, Prime Practice, Brisbane (2012)
- The Aesthetic and Restorative Dentistry course, Dr. David Hornbrook, Brisbane (2012)
- Certificate of Achievement in Advanced Laser Applications in Clinical Dentistry, Laser Lifecare Institute, Auckland (2012)
- Treatment planning Functional Aesthetic Excellence, The Dawson Academy, Florida. (2012)
- Examination and Records, The Dawson Academy, Florida (2012)
- PrimeSpeak 3 day seminar, Prime Practice (2011)
- Advanced Restorative and Regenerative Considerations in Implant Therapy, Zimmer Dental (2010)
- Introduction to straight wire techniques in Orthodontics, Technical University of Dresden, Germany (2007)
- Awarded the Certificate in Dentistry during the Dresden Summer School, Germany (2007)
- Implantology, C&B&I concept with NobelReplace Tapered, Dr. Uwe Eckelt, Dresden, Germany (2007).
- Race: Non-threading and feather touch endo prep, Dr. Pierre J. Le Berre (2007)
Dr. Bryan I Lee
Dr. Bryan I Lee BDSc (WA) graduated from The University of Western Australia in 1982. Bryan has always been very interested in the diversity of general dentistry and enjoys seeing patients of all ages. Bryan is constantly expanding his knowledge base and keeping up to date attending numerous professional development training days both in Australia and the US. His current special interests lie in cosmetic and implant dentistry, simple and complex restorative dentistry, and Waterlase dentistry. Outside of work, Bryan likes to spend time with his family and friends pursuing many outdoor activities such as mountain biking, kayaking, swimming and camping
Shenae completed her Bachelor of Science in Oral Health Therapy at Curtin University. Since graduating she has worked in private practice including specialist setting where she gained comprehensive experience in pediatric dentistry. Shenae has a particular interest in early interceptive orthodontics for kids including airway function, and it’s relation to facial growth and systemic health. Shenae provides dental treatment to our children and adolescent patients. She always strives to continually learn and increase her knowledge to provide care of the top quality to her patients.
A typical day sees Shenae practicing a range of dental procedures including fillings for adults and kids to a high quality, hygiene procedures, dental radiography, teeth whitening and her latest interest, dental photography.
Shenae is a Perth local who grew up in the suburbs surrounding the practice and feels a strong sense of community within Duncraig, Hillarys, Sorrento, and Carine. Aside from her interest in dentistry, Shenae enjoys catching up with her friends for coffee, doing pilates and seeing the latest movies.